In this Level 4 national qualification you’ll gain business skills and accountancy knowledge to enable you to effectively manage finance in educational establishments.
Using the experience of our professional training team, we have developed a comprehensive learning package to help you quickly gain the knowledge and skills required to pass the Managing Finance in Education qualification. The package consists of:
Studying for any qualification is a commitment, both in terms of time and funding. We have taken care to ensure this learning package provides you with the training and support needed to pass, at the same time as providing value for money. This qualification is ideal for anyone responsible for the management of finances in schools and academies. It is especially beneficial to those working within academies and those converting to academy, as it will provide the necessary business and accountancy skills needed to operate independently from the Local Authority.
- Tutor-Led Sessions - Benefit from over 9 days of tutor-led courses delivered by our qualified trainers.
- Practice Assessments - Develop your assessment technique with practice assessments.
- Online Study Resources - Get exclusive access to online study resources such as forums, videos and eLearning.
- Support Helpline - Access our dedicated support line when you need extra support and guidance.
The Managing Finance in Education Qualification includes the following units:
Each unit is published on the Regulated Qualification Framework and provides practical, real-world business, accounting and finance knowledge that you can put to use from day one.
- Managing Assets – How to manage fixed assets including the upkeep of the asset register and formulation of asset management plans.
- Managing Budgets – How to set, profile, monitor, control and report on the school budget to contribute towards the achievement of educational objectives.
- Financial Statements – How to produce the Statement of Financial Activities, Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash Flows along with supporting notes.
- Managing Projects – How to plan and manage projects to ensure they are delivered in accordance with organisational needs.
- Managing Cash – How to plan, forecast, monitor and control cash flow to ensure liquidity and make effective use of surplus cash.
- Generating Income – How to maximise financial resilience through a range of income generating activities including bid writing and grant submissions.
- Managing Procurement – How to ensure effective procurement processes are in place to drive efficiencies and ensure value for money.
Once you have booked and authorised your place we will contact you with further information about your qualification.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification although candidates are expected to have a good underpinning understanding of finance administration. Where candidates do not yet have this, they might benefit from first undertaking the Gateway Qualifications Level 3 Certificate in Administering Finance in Education.
Candidates should be aspiring to or already working in a finance management role within an educational establishment.