I’ve never seen so many children so excited and inspired to read!
Research shows that children who read more succeed more, so Norfolk Library and Information Service have a specialist service for all educational settings. We are dedicated to increasing children and young people’s access to and interest in reading as well as working with schools to support staff and improve school library provision.
The expert and experienced ELS staff team support continual improvement through:
• Loaning excellent resources, using the ELS mobile library as well as deliveries of books and resources
• Working with children and young people to inspire reading more widely and encourage independent learning and information literacy with sessions in school that add value to teaching and learning
• Auditing your library stock and environment providing you with a detailed report
• Saving staff time and money by helping you stock, catalogue and organise your library / book corners as rich and dynamic environments
• Training, motivating, inspiring, encouraging and training staff as well as keeping staff up to date with the latest trends and developments and provide opportunities to share good practice